Pages

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

.:my father began as a god:.

My father began as a god
full of heroic tales

of days when he was young.

His laws were as immutable

As if brought down from Sinai,

Which indeed he thought they were.


He fearlessly lifted me to heaven

By a mere swlng to his shoulder.

And made me as a godling

By seating me astride

Our milk-cow's back, and too.

Upon the great white gobbler

Of which others went in constant fear.


Strange then how he shrank and shrank

Until by time of adolescence

He had become a foolish small old man

With silly and outmoded views

Of life and of morality


Strange still

That as I became older

His faults and his tolerances

Scaled away into the past.

Revealing virtues

Such as honesty, generosity, integrity.


Strangest of all

How the deeper he recedes into the grave

The more I see myself

As just one more of all the little men

Who creep through life

Not knee-high to his long-dead god.


by : Ian Mudie


MyEm0.Com
p/s : to my father, I really love you eventhough I always rebel.

love, aishiteru mirae..

2 comments:

Hafizul@Deeana said...

xlehblh tol...buat sendiri lor..baru best....

aiShiteru miRae said...

eh..
cibuk je die..
ske ati org r..
hahha..

Post a Comment